Saturday, January 19, 2008

PEACE

A friend of mine was asking me today why don`t people take their supplements when they know if they don`t take them they will die...........The answer is simple i told him, none of us believe we are really going to die.....
In 2006 november when my friends were crying when they came to see me for my birthday, i thought i was doing very well and looking kinda foxy as i was rather slim though just feeling a little weak.
Then when i had pseudomembrane disease due to the chemo and was surely on the way past the in-transit lounge, I had a friend bringing me coconut water every day and she told me she thought i wouldn`t last out the week..But truth is although i knew i was very ill, i felt nowhere close to death. But then,what does death feel like?
It wasn`t until one day as i was entering one of my doctors offices......2 women were coming through the door, i saw that they recognized me and instantly their eyes filled with tears, they couldn`t look at me to say hi, they mumbled and looked away......It was then i realized i could be in trouble........I guess my heart was TOO calm.
How many of us realize if we don`t stop we are going to be stopped.
I watch people with diabetes continue drinking alcohol, eat all kinds of things they are told not to eat and then when they lose one of their feet and realize losing the other foot is not far behind, they get depressed and give up. THEY PANIC.....They caused the storm yet in the midst of their self-inflicted trouble their hearts cannot stay calm.
Most people believe to be at peace is to lie down quietly in their hospital beds. Lying quietly while your head and heart is in turmoil is not being at peace.
As an unknown author says.........Feeling calm in your heart when everyone around you is panicked, that's the peace right there............... although the storm is raging can we KNOW that everything is going to be alright? Can we be truly calm?
I HEARD A EXPLANATION OF DEATH TODAY ON A TALKING E-BOOK. The man said that A PIECE OF WOOD BURNS AND TURNS INTO COAL, THAT IS HOW WE ARE WHEN WE DIE. WE ARE CHANGING OUR ENERGY FORCE BUT WE ARE ETERNAL.......Doesn`t that say it all? Our form might change but life continues...........PEACE!

No comments: