Thursday, January 24, 2008

MESSENGERS

So today my thoughts are all about messengers. I always tell my minister, Rev. Sheila McKeithen of UCT that I`m going to miss the message if the messenger is not looking good and look like they have something to say. In other words Obama would give me the message , I`m going to miss it if it comes from McCain or Fred Thompson. See, HE is definitely not going to give me the message as he can`t even go by one name.
NOW HOW SICK IS THAT? But how many people u think are like me ?
Why do u think Joel Osteen has 38,000 people in his church? He took it over in 1999 when his father died with 8000 people in the congregation .....TD Jakes has been around for a much longer time 25 years to be exact, he`s still at 30,000. Why do u think that is?
ITS NOT THE MESSAGE IT'S THE MESSENGER.
Joel is not saying anything new.....its the package, he is gorgeous, his wife is gorgeous and he has two nice children..........the little girl even sings like an angel......The message is simple and well done..it works every time.
I have never seen TD Jakes wear a proper fitting suit no matter what they cost.
His pants are humongous his shoes are a little too colourful............Plus why would he keep walking from side to side showing us the worst profile i`ve ever seen. Can`t one of his peeps tell him not to do that? Well guess what ? I`m going to miss his message. When i don`t look and just listen he`s on point............but i`m just not feeling it.... maybe if his family looked like the Obamas he would stand a chance. I just don`t want to be in front of the TV with my eyes closed.
Why do stylists have the presidential candidates wear certain clothes, their hair has to be a certain colour........ their ties must match, their suits must be well cut........Hilary looks as if she has just had under and above her eyes nipped and tucked, her jawline not sagging anymore........ Its because PACKAGING SELLS......
I think image is everything. I feel the saying "if u don`t look good u don`t feel good" comes right back to "if u don`t feel good u can`t portray a positive image"...........
Portraying a positive image (different from a "dress up" image ) is everything! Thats what makes people gravitate to u to hear what u are saying......The tone of your voice, is there a smile in your voice?
I don`t like to see my messenger sweating , sorry,its natural but i just don`t.....
I also need somebody technologically aware. ( Have u noticed that young people feel that if your are not technologically aware you are a fool...........listen to them and their tone if u ask them to show u something on a computer or an ipod that they feel u should know.....And then heaven forbid if u have a face book account, what are u doing with that? we shouldn`t know everything is accessible through Youtube either,.......I remember one of them borrowing my car and flipping out because i had Busy Signal and Bounty Killa playing in there, "Auntie Pat where u get that music from?" I guess i should only be listening to Nat King Cole) sorry all that was beside the point.
Well my attitude about the message goes right across everything...Send me the message though Killa because although he`s CROSS, ANGRY AND MISERABLE.......he and I obviously bond over our favourite color BLACK and keeping it simple.......PLUS he certainly has a lot to say and is FEARLESS in saying it.
Now give BETWEENIE the message and because of the " joseph coat of many colors " jackets and the fake locks, I`m going to miss it.
Sorry , but right now I`ll stay getting my messages from the well groomed angels that come my way, while looking out for false prophets who may be dressed to the nines.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you for the most part but still feel that in certain matters you have to go for substance over style. Yes in politics it very often comes down to image, looks and charisma (remember the '70's?) but on spiritual issues you might need to forget the messenger and focus on the message. Love Joel but sometimes Jakes has a good word as well (although with all the crying he does you do have to search hard for it).

Unknown said...

Hi Pat,I agree with every view expressed,even the spiritual!!!Its hard to hear the message when looking at the messenger does'nt suit.

Dawn

Anonymous said...

is who yuh mouting :)
you know you get nuff techie ratings!
so when are you going to set up your twitter account>?> http://www.twitter.com ... so the fam abroad can get your short notes sent directly to their cellphone!