Thursday, January 10, 2008

LIVING WITH CANCER

U know i`m living with cancer and trying to do the best i can to stay alive.....I had a friend's father who chose guinea grass over glyco nutrients, i`m not that way inclined, I chose glyco, he is dead, wrong choice. Did i make the right choice? Well we`ve done a year and a half so it couldn`t have been that bad a choice. I`m the type of person that if i research and find out that cow`s milk is for calves not humans, i`m cutting out cow`s milk especially since that is easy as i have never liked cow's milk.
Things like cheese is harder to do as i love cheese but it boils down to living or dying ....... quality of life over quantity.
I EVEN TOOK CHEMO THIS TIME WHICH I`M VEHEMENTLY OPPOSED TO BUT DID IT BECAUSE THEY SAID IT WOULD BUY ME MORE TIME.
Couldn`t manage it though, don`t know if it was mind over matter or spirit talking, which I believe it was , but it nearly killed me after 2 rounds.
So many things are involved in this fight for life but i really believe it starts with our genes.......I'm sure soon they will know what diseases u will be predisposed to, like my granddaughter will know how to prevent instead of being like me and repent...everything i have ever eaten and loved is bad for me.
This just adds to the frustration of somebody fighting for life. Its not easy!
U want to do the right thing, as trust me when u do the tests u do not want negative results, especially me who has chosen something other than chemo, I have to make sure i follow my alternate method to the T.
I can`t afford to fail.
My oncologist says i`m doing so well, 6 mths testing is fine, i say no 3 months is what i want. If i cough i wonder, is there a spot on my lung? If my stool is a little funny looking , heaven forbid, as i have no more colon to lose.............
Then i will eat steak and u will eat steak nothing happens to u but i have cancer, what causes that? I tell u it must be the genes, and when u r prone to it u don`t tempt fate.
Does our environment contribute too? I`m sure it does. Do we know what "free radicals" are ? All these fancy terms.....do we know what antitoxidants do?
We had better make these words our friends and eat according to how we feel. We feel better when we eat right, we know what's right for us.......when something is wrong, we might not want to admit it, but we know.
Don`t feel the lump and pretend it's not there.

Our body always talks to us.......listen!

No comments: