Friday, February 29, 2008

HEALTHY FOOD RESTAURANTS/TEST RESULTS

Every time we think of socializing, food is wrapped in there somewhere..........Do u realize our life revolves around food? If we are meeting a friend to hang out and chat it's at somewhere to eat or drink.
Everywhere that does vegetarian food is not somewhere that I would like to hang out and eat, and forget "live" food........ where would i find that?
So what we need in Jamaica is a NICE place that has healthy food. Not that there are not restaurants with healthy food out there but restaurants for people like me who can`t eat broccoli in cheese sauce because my immune system is compromised.....there is nowhere for us....... Any thing to do with health, the places are dingy. Just like how many people associate Rasta as "dutty rasta" (which is why they look down on locks)... healthy food is associated with "lowgrade", so they are located in "lowgrade" places. We associate healthy food with ital, sorry doesn`t have to be...live food is delicious. We don`t have to eat tofu and brown rice, there are tons of options. Why can`t we have places looking like Mac`s and Norma's at Devon House but serving "live" food. There must be a lot of people like me out there.
If u don`t give us delicious food that is healthy how are we going to leave our jerk pork and chicken? Are we to go to boil yam and bake chicken and steam carrot with tofu? How are we going to give up Cheetos and Doritos ? What are we to snack on? Trust me pumpkin seed pate wrapped in nori is a great snack, also there is ice cream we can eat but it has to be specially made......lots of great food to be had, someone needs to do it.
I`m sure the diabetics and high blood pressure people would welcome this. Don`t tell me its not a big enough market...what has happened to the prevention market? The people who are trying to eat well even once in a while.If not a place for us can someone with a nice location hire one of these raw food chefs to cater to us. Then I can have fun and have somewhere to hang out too...happy hour food of carrot and celery sticks with mayonnaise filled dips is not healthy food.
Red wine here i come!
No matter how u think u r not stressed u are. I proved it on Tuesday......Cancer always hangs over your head no matter how hard u try. I told u i was going to do my tests well by the time i started driving in to Kingston my shoulders were SO TENSE, I was in pain. I could barely move. I was so irritable , everything was a problem. After doing the tests, maybe its the relaxant they gave me, i had no pains and aches and certainly not in my shoulders...........Whether I like it or not I was obviously stressed....worried???? i don`t think so but i was something!!!!!! I knew I was fine so why ? because u never KNOW FOR SURE............thats why.
So I walk in and my doctor says " U LOOK AMAZING WHAT ARE U DOING?" I say " taking glyco nutrients and trying to eat raw"
I wasn`t too taken by what he said as this particular doctor last saw me when i had pseudo membrane disease , and before that when i was in a hospital bed writhing in pain......so i said to myself he is seeing the real me for the first time......Well he did my flexible sigmoidoscopy...........And then he told me that i look as good inside as i do outside......on to today when i got the call from my oncologist.
'PAT IT IS UNBELIEVABLE U R DOING SOOOO WELL" She gave me the stats and she told me that what was even more mindboggling is that my HB keeps going up its 14.6 now......can u imagine coming from a HB of 4?
Seems as if i`m doing very well for someone with DUKE C colon cancer........
GIVE THANKS, TILL NEXT TIME!

3 comments:

Marvin G. Hall said...

you continue to be an inspiration as you continue to inspire yourself.....and share....the good food space will become live soon.....only love

BettyC said...

Good News PJ, keep it up. A word on the availability of good organic vegetarian food. It is as usual, the Jamaican class system that seeks to judge people. As you know I lived for over 10 years in Berkeley California. Soon after moving to Berkeley I discovered Whole Foods. I am sure more Jamaicans knew about Whole Foods than I did; it is a supermarket chain that started many years ago in Texas by a Texan whose sole purpose(other than getting rich! :) ) is to market organic and healthy foods. They purchase as much as is possible from the local farmers and provide incentive for these farmers to go organic. Now why am I explaining this when PJ is yearning for a restaurant to turn such healthy foods into a beautiful meal in an "acceptable" restaurant?. The reason I mention it is that all the middle class Jamaicans I knew in Berkeley did not shop at Whole Foods because they deemed it to be too expensive - true, organic is still more expensive than conventional - but they live in the "nice" neighbourhoods and drive the nice cars. However, I cannot remember going to my local Whole Foods on a weekend and not meeting at least one "dread" doing his shopping. These guys don't live in the nice neighbourhoods or drive the nice cars but they shop as healthy as they can for their families. Keep it up PJ and if necessary go to the "dutty" places because I feel sure they are cooking cleaner and healthier than your Norma's and Mac's, and that is not a reflection on Norma and Mac, whoever they are. It is a fact that "dread" don't cook in pot that had arnold or any such thing.
More time...

Anonymous said...

THIS IS GREAT NEWS.YOU ARE INDEED A PILLOW OF HEALTH.I TELL EVERYBODY I COME UPON ABOUT YOU AND GLYCO NUTRIENTS AND YOUR SUCCESS.I BELIEVE THOUGH THAT ITS YOUR POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO LIFE AND THE FACT THAT YOU LOVE LIFE AND THE ALMIGHTY.KEEP EATING RAW.STILL HOPING TO GET THERE.

LOVE DAWN