Wednesday, February 13, 2008

NOTTING HILL FOR VALENTINE'S DAY

Today I watched NOTTING HILL for the umpteenth time , and I cried for the umpteenth time.........What a spectacular love story. Not only the one between the main characters played by Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant , but the one between the woman in the wheel chair and her husband who lifted her everywhere (I've watched that movie so many times and still don`t know their names) how fabulous is that? Their love was palpable.
The music is also tear-jerking especially in that last scene at the press conference. I can watch that daily....
Notting Hill also has the greatest line from a romance movie (my opinion)
"I`m just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her," oh lord.
Sorry its on again. I have to go and watch again.........
2 times in one day..... ( I started writing this on Sunday)
What great music! Funny too! And absolutely believable. Thank u father all is well in the world.
What is it about love ?
I guess its because its the closest thing we have to magic ....People in love always make u feel good. It's great to watch whether in a movie or in real life......
Another movie that makes me cry and I watch all the time is YOU GOT MAIL. I don`t cry over sad movies , don`t watch them actually. I like to cry in "LOVE" movies.
Nothing like love they say to make the world go around...It's what makes life exciting, someone to share the good times and the crap with......And if u have found some one to make u laugh, wow! U have hit pay dirt.
The thought is always that u love the person u r instantly at ease with, but this movie showed the opposite is just as true........that bumbling clumsiness was what made u believe they had something real...........
YOU ARE MANIFESTING EVERYTHING GOOD IN YOUR LIFE , RELATIONSHIPS ARE NOT AN EXCEPTION.
I look around me and see love of all sizes, styles and descriptions..........One thing i know for sure is if its too hype, it's not going to last, and all this goo-goo/gah-gah thing with the public hugging and kissing doesn`t mean a thing.
I have watched some of the quietest loves go on for the long haul.
My parents were married for 42 years when my father died. They had been together for 16 years before I came along. They were together 24/7 as they also worked together......fabulous love story. Thing about those fabulous love stories, one doesn`t do well without the other. My father died in 1980 and my mother, a very hearty woman, moped around, deciding life wasn`t worth anything without her darling Ken at her side........as nothing was wrong with her no diabetes , high blood pressure, cancer, heart disease, it took a while for her to will herself to join him but join him she did .......... I like to think they are dancing together now.
I used to tell her he had found a new girl and was having a great time (in the after life) she would smile and say "not Ken he`s waiting on me."
Love doesn`t take a lot of hoopla, it just takes real commitment, and knowing the difference between being IN LOVE and LOVING.......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat your amazing. My favorite line in a movie is from Steel Magnolias........."laughter thru tears is my favorite emotion" Surrounded by friends, crying, and they make you laugh. I love my friends!!!