Friday, June 27, 2008

spirituality/tatoos

INTIMACY
in-to-me-see
u r into me so u are intimate with me....I love it!
I learnt this new expression from of all people mark myers who uses jokes to counter just how spiritual he is.....he just did a movie on the subject and Deepak Chopra was a big part of it and he said on meeting him he thought Deepak was going to be boring as he speaks so slowly, but he found Deepak to be one of the most full of fun people he had ever met. Why do we think that spiritual has to mean boring ?
- movie is rubbish though, sorry.......

Then why are these young people uglying up themselves with all these tattoos? Bad enough the 'old' people like Whoopi Goldberg are disfiguring themselves. But when gorgeous young girls like Rhianna has stars from the nape of her neck going down her back and then IN her ears and ON her ear lobe and then has just done roman numerals on her shoulder i have to ask what for?
The last time i arrived at my son`s house i found he had 2 half 'sleeves' as they are called. I nearly needed a chair ........ Good thing i had a strong heart i would have died on the spot.....Why?
When i asked him did he think of what he would look like when he got older, he said they are using special inks now that prevent them from wrinkling up . I sincerely hope so as i have a friend who has a garden on her entire back and the lizards getting very strange looking with every passing year.
Another one of my children had the most gorgeous toes till - I HEAR ITS A ROSE BUT U CANNOT TELL WHAT IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE - appeared on the big one.
I also understand that u cannot give blood once u r tattooed....is this true? Suppose u needed to save your child`s life, as both of u are the same blood type and they say they can`t use your blood because u r tattooed ? How would u feel?
U need to come to the hotel where i work to really get a fix on tatoos, sometimes there are more tattoos than plain skin........I also knew that Mike Tyson was finished when he tattooed his face......please even the tattoo artists tell u not to do your face.
I'm sorry all the tattooing, the tongue piercings, eyebrow piercings etc. take me back to the stone age and i do not wish to be there.
There is a reason why the bone came out my ancestor's nose , i don`t need to put it back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you about the tattoos. Young Jamericans are now having barcodes tattooed on their neck backs with "Made in Jamaica" written below it. Some of the young mothers are inking their children's names and or birthdates. I'm sure they won't find it funny at age 60.

Anonymous said...

"Intimacy...in-to-me-see"...I'll remember that.

Great post.