Sunday, June 1, 2008

TAMIKA

As i told u in the 'About me' section of my blog I have many children, gave birth to one but i am the proud auntie Pat to many, with some it's auntie Patricia, some it's plain old auntie Pat. Well one of those got married last evening and as i sat there listening to all the praise showered on me for helping this young lady know herself, I realized that although a lot of times it tires and stresses me out especially this particular girl child , it is so worth it when u see them like i witnessed on Saturday , come into womanhood.
She is a beauty to look at except when to auntie Pat's horror she eats herself into looking like a tub using pregnancy as an excuse, but her outside beauty is really just a small piece of her.
I met her when she came to study cosmetology at Christine Valmy International School, where i was teaching at the time....One day i was in the parking lot and heard a car come tearing in, i didn`t know such a small car could have such speed. Out walked this young lady and when i went inside and inquired who she was i got the knowing glance and answer "Tamika Nevers miss" as if how come u don`t know her miss ? problems...............I`m used to people always having an issue with anyone who looks good so i chalked it up to that until ms. lady arrived in my hairdressing class.
She had decided unknown to me that since her passion was hair and i taught hair i would be giving her all i know .
She did well and on finishing school followed me to Sunset Beach there she continued terrorising me.
Meanwhile she and i became close as i realized that what she had was a strong personality, her carrying on was just because she wanted love and attention and she WAS THE KINDEST MOST GENEROUS AND SWEETEST OF SPIRITS when she wasn`t terrorizing all and sundry.
She helped care my mother when she was dying, the same woman who on meeting her for the first time.....said "you are so pretty why don`t you have on any clothes?" Tamika was amazed as she thought she had on a lot of clothes for her,only thing was it started a little above the bust and ended just under the butt.
I have lived for years with the calls saying "You deal with Tamika I can`t manage her " well manage her i did as she had another trait which i appreciate greatly.
On telling her one day i was on my way to pick her up and saying i hoped she was ready she said "aunty Pat, I was born ready".......That thrilled me to no end, as i thought i was the only woman in life that took 10 mins to be ready except my friend Denise, but she doesn`t count as she is not like Tamika and myself who wear makeup etc. she should take 10 seconds:)
Any way we forged on with our relationship through all the misses which i thought her relationships were and through 2 steps forward and 9 steps backwards until the advent of Chris to whom she got married last evening.
QUIET but taking no CRAP from her.
YES OPPOSITES DO ATTRACT
She became a mother and went into it like she had been doing it all her life, her love of kids certainly helped with that as wherever there was a baby there was Tamika. So i`m sure she will be throwing herself full speed ahead into her marriage.
She is the proud owner of her own salon and has a good deal of my customers so it's as if the family continues.
Her love of auntie Pat is reciprocated tenfold as guess what? Strong personality, passionate about hair, putting friends first, making bad choices where men are concerned till lucking out - all traits of auntie Pat and yes, i forgot the final one. WE WERE BORN READY!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

the both of you are lucky to have each other :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Auntie Pat I never new you were reading me since then...I truly am blessed to be apart of you Saj and Peter you certainly have helped to mold me into the woman, wife ,and mother that I am today I appreciate all you efforts and your tough love,I am sure we will be loving each other and respecting each other until we take our last breath, your a great teacher a great mother and I will always continue to look up to you and will continue to make you proud. Love
Always Tamika Hoo Kim

Anonymous said...

ah at last, I could find your article again. You have few [url=http://tipswift.com]useful tips[/url] for my school project. This time, I won't forget to bookmark it. :)