Sunday, December 30, 2007

A VERY NAIYAH CHRISTMAS

Christmas is the time of year i reserve for family. I used to come up on christmas day to visit my son and his wife.....now since my grandaughter's arrival i`m here by christmas eve so we can have christmas morning under the tree......... Life continues to be wonderful, and although i thought the first year of naiyah's life was great, this year is so much better as she now knows me and calls for nehnen (grandma) every 2 mins........hi nehnen.......love u nehnen..........I look at her and see so much of me, they say she is so "fass" I like to think she is inquisitive , she is also shaped just like me "thunderthighs"..........I see her running behind me at work, just like my staff said she would, now i see it is a real possibility.......I cannot believe at 21 mths old she is counting and telling be about the "blue" cup and singing "patta cake" by herself.......when i mislay my things she finds them,she always remembers where i have put my glasses hours after and I love the fact that i taught her to say please and thank u . I`m also thrilled beyond belief that she is a shoes goddess and totally into makeup and clothes..........where did she get that from?
My husband told me when she was born that i was going to think she is a genius and the prettiest girl in the world.... I don`t know what his problem is as she REALLY IS A GENIUS, AND THE PRETTIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD!:) Joke is he is the one that tells her fifty times a day how special she is and don`t forget how bright and beautitful she is also. She won`t have lack of confidence issues.
Her papa gave her a trampoline for her gift. Her mother has not come to grips with a 6ft trampoline in the space between her living and dining room,and the fact that life now consists of watching this child "Bumping", mommy can get to do nothing else as Naiyah is under 2 therefore a bump to the edge of the trampoline means she falls off in a flash.....not only that, but she is now taking the dining table chairs and jumping from them unto the trampoline.
 
I must say i kind of take sides with mommy but the joy in naiyah's face when she is "bumping" makes me side with papa. The New Year will bring me back home with my memories of 2007...... a trampoline, a tickle me elmo shirt and a jamaican hat all is well with the world, and gifts were not overdone .......did i tell u i got an IPOD TOUCH for christmas,since the iphones are not sold unlocked officially in jamaica yet, and as my son is an "Apple Genius"(thats what Apple techs are called) his mother is forbidden to buy one....DIGICEL OR CABLE & WIRELESS please hurry...........
Regarding christmas with naiyah,I KNOW I`ll HAVE to be around next year as it will be santa at Macy's,and the christmas show at Radio City Music Hall.......can`t wait!

1 comment:

BettyC said...

Happy New Year PJ, to you, Saj and the entire family.
We'll all strive towards your suggestions as they are excellent ones.
I must say however, I think I remember telling you some 7 years ago when my Granddaughter was born, that it doesn't get any better than this. Parenting had it's rewards ( and God knows, it tribulations) but GRANDparenting, WOW! the reasons whoever came up with the GRAND are obvious
We ourselves are much wiser, we seem them in a whole different light and we take more time to enjoy tham than to pursue making them PERFECT.

ONE LOVE! my friend