Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FINANCIAL MELTDOWN MEANS TIME FOR FAMILY

Is it my imagination or are people realizing that having the clothes in the closet that we have never worn that still have their tags on, is one of the reasons the world is in the problem it is in.....Buying food wholesale for a family of 4 , 2 of them under 5 makes no sense if you didn`t get together with another family to shop. You bought all of it for your family and you cannot use it all, so you will be throwing it in the garbage soon as it has an expiration date.
All these mac mansions. People took loans and dug down their house that was "dated" according to them, to put up these monstrosities....now they realize they cannot afford them....children of 7 crying because they have to walk 2 blocks to school, they are used to being driven the 2 blocks, and America said it had a gas crisis....couldn`t be!
We are the ones responsible for this problem ask every other person to open their wallets and look at the amount of credit cards !!! Who can pay that off every month?
Tell someone not to use their cards for a week and they behave like it's the end of the world........
Guess what it's not, and life is not going to come to an end if you have 2 pairs of jeans instead of 22, some people have 40....WHY?
I remember having so much shoes and clothes and still only wearing a few as those were the favourites.....one positive thing I always did was give them away, I had learnt if you give, you make space to get more ,so you will always have.
We always want more..... why do we want any way, we should live with needs not wants and life will be fine.
Turn off the TV and talk, eat at the table instead of using it as a desk, yes I`m talking to me.....go for a walk, read a book, spend time with friends....CHANGE YOUR PERSPECTIVE AND IMMEDIATELY LIFE BECOMES EASIER !
I quite enjoy playing games rather than watching TV, but then I grew up in the age of 'hopscotch' ,'May I' and 'Simon Says' then getting older it was scrabble and card games....DO I EVER LOVE KALOOKI, I WOULD PLAY IT ALL NIGHT. Now it's cards on-line, games like solitaire, scrabble,even poker, you name it- it's on-line, everything has become more 'me' oriented. We don`t move, no exercise so obesity is the order of the day. We reach home and eat from a tray in front of the TV, then we are from the desktop computer to our blackberries, which most of us never come off ,we even text while we are driving, ...do we engage our brain before we do things like that?
I for one prefer to e-mail than talk on the phone.....but all this is just saying one thing......all that is happening in the world is giving us back our quality of life.....we can all do without a lot that we are losing.....so what if they turn off your cable and internet ? Lots of people lived wonderful fulfilled lives without those things.
What if you can`t buy a new outfit for that special occasion,I just went to a wedding and didn`t even think of buying something new. I wore something I had recently worn and didn`t even think of rotating, it was nice so I wore it again - different people I always say and if it's the same people who cares?
Deal with QUALITY instead of QUANTITY.....You know I`m going to bring it around to eating and health...
Don`t tell me fruit and vegetable is expensive that's why you eat the junk...eating the junk means you will pay in the long run as the big doctors bills are coming for you, and trust me NOW more than ever YOU CANNOT AFFORD IT!

No comments: