Thursday, March 26, 2009

PROCRASTINATION AND ME

"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there" -Will Rogers
I love that quote because so many times we have great intentions. We're going to read a good book, or like me good BOOKS, write out our five year life plan, start a new business, lose weight, clear our closets and on and on........ but for some reason, we can't quite get around to taking that first step.
We're all guilty of procrastinating. But here's the thing. Procrastinating when something is important, when it's something you know you should do, can drain your energy and you won't even know it.
"Procrastination is attitude's natural assassin. There's nothing so fatiguing as an uncompleted task" - William James.
Read that over and over again and inwardly digest it.
Think how you feel when you do something you planned.You feel energized. When you don`t, you feel lazy and lethargic. Sometimes just looking at what I`m supposed to do annoys and irritates me.
ME?
I WONDER WHY?
Am I not the one that is supposed to read the books? Am I not the one that is suppose to be WRITING a book! I had visioned myself presenting at CALABASH , which I just read has been cancelled due to no sponsorship...we have money to sponsor all kinds of buhtoo foolishness, dance contest, kings and queen rubbish, but none for our premier literary festival that enables the area its held in to survive? What's wrong with that picture? BUT back to me and my foolishness......
I already have people waiting to publish, editors waiting to edit, I even have ghost writers willing to ghost write (NOT THAT I`D GO THAT ROUTE) I`m the story and the story is me...... but I can`t write, not a word......the Father gave me such a story to tell and all now.....not a line!
Procrastination.....I`ll do it tomorrow and tomorrow never comes.
I gave a talk recently to a group following a presentation by a woman that had been shot in her head during a plane hijacking, and survived...I thought how can I follow that? I not only did,the same people that were on their phone and walking up and down during that video presentation, sat in rapt attention as I spoke.... you could drop a pin and when I was finished they couldn`t move and said so. They all to the last man said they were blown away, just blown away.....if that doesn`t make me complete my task, nothing will.
I am now buying a recorder so that at 4 in the morning when everything comes to me I won`t have to get my lazy self up to write, I can just talk ....I`ll let you know how that is working by about June!
ANY BETS?

No comments: