Tuesday, December 9, 2008

OPRAH...Don`t beat.......treat yourself better

Well Oprah is saying what we can see for ourselves, and I am wondering as I listen to her, why do we beat up ourselves so much. Her friend Gayle is coming on Good Morning America to talk for Oprah.....why?
I have been feeling her pain for over a year now as I watch her rear-end expand behind her.
We don`t want to hear from Gayle. Although smaller, her rear is completely out of whack too.....We don`t need anybody to explain why Oprah has fallen off the wagon and is back to over 200 pounds.
We are all guilty of falling off the wagon with things that are our achilles heel. What if all of us were perfect and never had a fall or a slip up now and then, the world would be a boring place wouldn`t it? Oprah has had a lifelong battle with food and we have had front row seats to it.
I look at her and see that her beautiful head of hair is long gone, her weight doesn`t bother me as much as that - years now I`ve been telling my friends that she was having health issues. Long before she admitted to her thyroid problems, I kept saying it..........Under her eyes were screaming out loudly.
What amazes me is that she has chefs, all the money in the world, spiritual advisors,doctors, personal trainers and on and on.... she doesn`t have our excuse of it being hard to stay straight as somedays we are on the road and can`t find anything to eat........she is taken care of 24/7 from her car to her plane so why these issues ?
Because it has nothing to do with that.....we all make excuses but once you backslide your body takes over and the cravings start and you lose control. So rich or poor, black or white, spiritually tuned - yes or no......we are all on this earth as spirits having a human experience, not the other way around. The excuse I`m only human doesn`t move me.......we all have something that triggers us....things we haven`t worked out yet, mistakes we repeat till we work on ourselves, forgive ourselves and get it right......some of us have issues with money, some with food, some with health, some with all of the above and on and on...... but one thing we know is that we are all on a journey and working hard to make it a smoother ride with not so many potholes. As the statement goes LIFE IS A JOURNEY, NOT A DESTINATION. It takes work. It takes LOVE...Love of self!
Oprah`s lack of taking care of her food-urges is damaging her health I`m sure. "Eating whatever I want " cannot be good for thyroid problems..... She says she is talking the talk but not walking the walk, and it makes her disappointed in herself.......Tell me about it. To whom much is given, much is expected.
We who are TRYING to WALK the TALK beat ourselves up whenever we feel we are not representing. Oprah all I have to say is give thanks you are not walking the Cancer walk where getting off the path can KILL you before your next round of tests.........

No comments: