Saturday, January 3, 2009

Raw food cleanse day 2

I can hear the moaning and groaning...All of u who stuffed your face this Christmas should make taking out the toxins just as enjoyable .

Day 2 has started! Have you noticed how the fast really helped to get the cleanse going? After u complete the fast u should start with the fruits and greens and the fun and games will begin.

Below is additional guidelines for the cleanse from Frederic.
1- Drink 1-2 liters of water per day. It was okay to not
drink water on the first day. But starting today your body
is going to eliminate toxins so you want to make it easy for
you and drink some water. Do whatever works for you to
make sure you drink this amount of water. I personally like
to fill a water jug and drink it throughout the day.

2-Add at least 30 minutes of walking and/or cardio.
Depending on your fitness level, you want to start to progressively improve your fitness throughout this cleanse. If you're getting started, I suggest walking as much as possible , starting with a morning 30-minute walk. If you feel you can do it, adding more cardio exercise such as jogging or biking for at least 30 minutes a day will be even better. As always, listen to your body and start from where you are.

3- Track Some Metrics. Here's what I recommend. To see the results from this cleanse, try to track some metrics. If you can, jump on the scale today. But don't check your weight every day! Only today and then at the very end of the cleanse. Because there will many variations and changes in water in your body during this cleanse, it doesn't make sense to check the scale every day.

Also if you can, measure your blood pressure and your resting heart beat. Write it down somewhere. You might see some interesting changes at the end of this cleanse.


The reason why I have not yet provided any recipes is because I want you to keep this cleanse very simple. Remember it's a cleanse! I will introduce some recipes later this week, but for now I'd like you to focus on eating mostly mono meals of fruits and greens. Here are some examples:

- Mono meal of just grapes
- Bananas blended with romaine lettuce and water
- Diced apples with mashed bananas on top
- A salad of spinach, tomatoes, celery and oranges

Did I tell u this was a raw food cleanse for 10 days?
If u can`t manage 10 days,don`t worry do what u can..... the first time I did it I did 5 days and got great help so don`t worry 5 days better than none.

2 comments:

aliyyah said...

Hi, I'm interested in chatting with you privately about a magazine article. Kindly contact me at caribbeanbelle@gmail.com.
You can view the magazine's website at www.caribbeanbelle.com
You have a lot to share with women around the world, I look forward to hearing from you.

Anonymous said...

Pat,
I truly admire you for sharing your experience with all the world. As I said, were you in the USA, you would have your own TV show that would provide much humor as well as educat.ion Keep it up.
I am just seeing the detox instructions. I will have to get off coffee for a month before I can start. I'll try it though. All the best in 2009.
Lanab