Sunday, January 18, 2009

'WE MIGHT JUST SURVIVE TO TELL THE TALE'

It looks like Patrick Swayze is definitely in trouble.....his lungs are gone, and with all the love his wife is giving him and all the money in the world, is it just a matter of time before we hear the news ? Have they sent him home to die or has some miracle happened ? IS HE GOING TO BE LIKE STEVE JOBS AND BEAT THE ODDS OF PANCREATIC CANCER ?
Patrick didn`t stop smoking, but would it have made a difference anyway ?
As I sit here, I wonder is it inevitable ? Should I bother to stop eating all my favourite foods that are not good for me ? Should I change my quality of life and just take the great-tasting food way-out, as one way or another one day soon cancer will be back.
They say Steve Jobs' liver is now gone and he is looking for a liver transplant........he has had some great years since cancer of the pancreas and made some amazing things.THE IPOD,THE IPHONE - suppose he hadn`t fought, would we have had those things now ?
THE FIGHT IS ALWAYS WORTH IT.
I would love to have interviewed Randy Pausch and now Patrick Swazye to ask them what changes did they make while killing themselves with all these mega-toxins they were using to kill their cancer cells that kill all cells and then inevitably, them in the process.
Did they stop eating meat ?
Did they drink a green smoothie each day ?
I know Steve Jobs has smoothies and doesn`t eat meat, in fact I understand he also used to be a rawfoodist, I don`t know if that continued. Maybe that's why he is the person who has lived the longest having had pancreatic cancer. I need to interview him too:)
I am a lover of peanuts, but peanuts have mold and not so good for cancer of the colon patients. I have been craving them as I told u, consulted with my "health" gurus , did as they said , found the craving had gone as a result of following their advice, but the TEMPTATION was still there and as I remember the flavour of the roasted peanuts from the peanut man , there I was back driving him down after work each evening listening for the whistle to know where he was located . Well as a result of succumbing to the temptation, my face broke out and of course my legs have started to hurt me, and my mood has changed (u won`t believe how food affects your moods). I wasn`t satisfied with the little amount I had had. NO, I had to saturate my body with these things till they started to affect me...I, WHO KNOW BETTER. Well I eat good 9 out of 10 days in fact that's why my face has now broken out as I`m relatively clean so things affect me quickly, but I think that's how we all are.....no matter how we know it's not good for us we test the waters till we can test it no more then we say we are sorry and hang our heads, but for most of us the 'heng dawg' routine comes too late. I want to tell u all that I`ve come to understand that when u are toxic and eat the whole heap of jerk pork or drink the whole heap of alcohol nothing appears to happen, when u r clean u get the message that u have done badly immediately.
All kinds of strange things are happening so we need to be strong to fight, that means our immune system has to be spot on, able to withstand everything.
And in the midst of my struggles with food "demons", came news of a friend with a newly-discovered health challenge but, as usual, a peep of light shone out of the dark clouds and I received the following in an email from another friend that I have to share with u as it's the truest thing I have heard in a long while and can be applied to all our struggles, be it health or financial ......
" The plane floated and EVERYONE was rescued - if it was bad news and even 1 person had died can u imagine how this would have cast a pall over Obama's inauguration ? And how miraculous it was that people were able to walk off on to the rescue boats ? For me it's a metaphor of what Obama will bring to America and the world where economies are crashing and falling .... like the plane that fell out of the sky, the landing may be rough but if people pull together and there are more us who are brave like the pilot we WILL survive and live to tell the tale."
Moral of the story - if we are brave IN DARK TIMES we might just survive to tell the tale!

No comments: