Saturday, November 10, 2007

the big C

Well as I told u a few days ago I did my regular tests for my birthday.The ones from my new doctor (a MD,that has chosen alternative medicine)not so good,but I have to understand that I almost checked out of the "life motel" last year...... so the body is still acidic, the liver not so good,the blood cells stacking instead of free standing ........disappointing ,but expected .
My holistic practitioner has told me minimum 2 years,but I felt that after almost a year of eating everything I dislike ,I should be showing signs of alkalinity, but no .........
The positive side is, I`m not deteriorating and the doctors comment is"for u to be doing this by yourself u r doing great"........
Over to my oncologist,all marks great....BUT the one that thrills me most ,along with my cancer mark ,is.......haemoglobin 14.5.........I`VE NEVER HAD A HB OF 14.5........... FROM A LOW OF 4 TO A HIGH OF 8 IS MY NORM.
can u imagine 14.5?
I just couldn`t contain myself I was so happy to get that news......i`ve been exceedingly tired of late ,and thats part of cancer ..........living with the knowledge that at anytime the other shoe can drop.............. if I was not a cancer patient I would just think "ah well I`ve been working hard of late and just went to new york for a weekend and i`m not 21 anymore so I should be tired.".........instead I wonder "what if ?"
Anyway its not" what if?" its another year down and we will give thanks and attack the next one(year that is)........
When at 24 i got cancer for the first time it was the "aids" of that time and just like "aids" the ignorant behaved accordingly, they scorned u........... ....those days the only thing that accompained the BIG C was fear and dread.........but what is fear? FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL.. ........ so ,whats the point of fear?.......... as ,if its good, great ..........and if its bad its a lesson to be learnt......just like with worry which normally accompanies fear...........If u can change what u r worrying about u don`t need to worry and if u can`t change it u worse don`t need to worry.............
So here I am ,28 years later and THE BIG C comes calling again..........why?how?what for?
Knowing u won the fight the last time makes u confident......u know the moves,its familiar territory. But u also know each time the enemy comes calling ,it comes with a bigger price tag.
when i decided to write a blog I didn`t want to write the typical cancer blog.....
I had chemo today/my hair fell out/ I felt nauseous/my family was upset and supportive/my doctors were marvellous/I turned to the Lord and he pulled me through and on and on......
What I wanted was to let u know that there is a reason one gets cancer and there can be a positive side to it........... sometimes instead of it being a death sentence its a wake up call............
How many of us r lucky to get a warning so we don`t die without a will and get to put our business together ....i`ve sat through so many bad funerals that I know if the people who they were for had a choice they wouldn`t have done that to us..............
PLUS THERE R LOTS OF POSITIVE THINGS U CAN DO
instead of being obsessed with quantity of life, be obsessed with quality of life ........
instead of digging your grave with your teeth choose life and live food
instead of wasting each day make each day count ............
instead of choosing hate ,choose love ,no one can quarrel while u r sending love
instead of having people up in your heart,choose forgiveness...........
IN OTHERWORDS ENJOY WHATEVER LIFE U HAVE,PUT LIFE OUT TO THE UNIVERSE,INSTEAD OF FOCUSING ON DEATH!

6 comments:

Lana B said...

Pat,
I check everyday to see if you have written another positive message. I find that you are teaching us how to be positive in the face of adversity. You are truly an optimist. We can all take something positive from your writings to use in our daily lives. Thank you.
I will keep you in my prayers

Lana B

Kate said...

Patricia, you have to remember most things in the body exist in degrees. While you are still acidic you are not acidic to the point of it causing disease. If you look at it that way you can imagine how much less acidic you are than you used to be! It's all a slow process and you are doing an amazing job!! What an absolute inspiration you are!!! It's so wonderful to see you take something that generally makes us weak, and use it as a way to build such strength and health.
I love you

Rosemary said...

Hi there Pat - way to go. A little acidity ent nutting compared to all the sweetness you have in de ress of your body. See you soon. Big love, Rosemary

Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon

Thanks for writing this blog, loved reading it

Anonymous said...

Good point, though sometimes it's hard to arrive to definite conclusions

Anonymous said...

Hi - I am certainly glad to find this. cool job!