Monday, November 19, 2007

GIVING ALWAYS WORKS

The only show still worth watching r the AMA`S and last night JAMAICA "sell off"........those of us who watched it must be terribly proud but as usual I got a lesson.
ALICIA KEYES came to Jamaica to perform at the Air Jamaica jazz festival...she obviously had a great time as in the hotel world we heard what a regular girl she was no airs and prima donna behaviour..she had her birthday during her time here, and i remember in her interview her saying how great it was and who she met.Forward to her remix of baby cham (now known as cham" "SURVIVAL STORY",which wowed the music business and found Cham on regular rotation on BET and VH1.......I don`t see much music on MTV any more, but maybe he was there too.....forward to last night JUNIOR REID, CHAKADEMUS AND PLIERS...BEENIE MAN ........3 MORE GIVEN THE CHANCE OF A LIFETIME.........she could have taken the spotlight by her self and still wowed us as her song is #1 but NO, she SHARED........
GIVERS WILL ALWAYS BE #1 IN THIS WORLD............

2 comments:

Wear the Word said...

Pat,

All I can saw is Amen to the power of Giving. I told my congregation yesterday that not one of them was more stingy than I use to be. I taught myself to give. Someone once said, if you want to be a millionaire, give a million dollars worth of service. That comment started me on a journey of giving. I can't begin to mention the amount of opportunities to move forward that are put before me daily. Many times these opportunities come from folk I don't know and never met. The projects and boards I am involved in prosper because I bring to them a consciousness of generosity. Not only is giving important but the attitude from which you give. That is the clincher. Ms. Keyes wanted to share the spotlight so she did. After all somebody somewhere shared the spotlight with her. How quickly we forget. This Sunday I am teaching this very topic at the Little THeatre at 10:30am. My mentor Dr. Johnnie Colemon was right when she said: It Works if You Work IT. Start working your ability to give and watch it all come back to you in ways you can't imagine. Peace!

stoveless1 said...

Kudos to Ms.ALICIA KEYS for flying reggae music's banner high, so high the world was able to see via the American Music Awards.

During her performance of her current #1 single,"No One" she called on stage Jr.Reid, with whom a remix of the song was done.

She didn't stop there, she called also on stage....Chaka Demus & Pliers....Beenie Man, who apart from Junior Reid had no real bearing on her performance, she just did it for the love of reggae music, the culture.

Ms. Keys, seems to have learnt the power of SHARING and GIVING.....and that is, the karma it brings is so BEAUTIFUL!!.

Bless-up ALICIA!!!!!!