Monday, November 26, 2007

FOOD

Since thanksgiving I have been listening to everybody discuss what they have eaten over the weekend and I realize that the drug companies must LOVE these food holidays. They see that we have have set ourselves up to be sicker next year... therefore making them richer in the years to come.
U know my holistic practitioner has a favourite quote,he says" we r digging our graves with our teeth ,"
But now that i`m aware i realize we really r.......he is perfectly correct...watching people around me,with the fried dumplings and french fries.....they don`t even know what kind of oil is being used, I`m appalled......I have to wonder if I was really that bad ,guess what? I was.
The fattier the better ,protein was the order of the day.meat- meat- meat.....7 pepsi`s a day........vegetables?whats that?
Then we start to eat properly and think eating salads r the best thing and we throw brocolli into our salad only to hear it musn`t be eaten raw unless its grated as there r mustard gases present in the florets so if u steam them they will be released if u eat them raw and they r not grated the gases r undigestable so they cause flatulence ,uspset stomach etc ......
So I throw tomato in my salad not realizing I am B blood type and tomato,avocado,coconut ,not for me........LOTS TO LEARN..... people like me who r survivors of cancer must keep our bodies alkaline as the reason we have cancer is because our bodies became too acidic, we ate too much protein and sugar so the BIG C. moves in and cleans up...
Going out to eat now is a trip... I went to a party on the weekend and left when the most delicious food from MARBLU was put out.Can u imagine leaving that? I have to ..its called DISCIPLINE..new concept for me ....trying to learn the lesson 'INSTANT GRATIFICATION DOESN`T PAY OFF IN THE LONG RUN"
My friend who had his 60th birthday party is the first person that I learnt the lesson that one doesn`t have to go to church on sunday and sprout u mouth daily, all u need to do is live your life according to the universal laws and all will be well..........I love watching him enjoy life he always has....... if there is a dance floor, thats where u will find him,always the life of the party practicing his principles......if u give u must receive ,believe in yourself,love , love love............
BUT,he is one that enjoys too much of the" good life" he needs to heed the warnings....GOUT was the first one.......
our body always send out signs ....listen.........
I understand more than anybody else how awful it is to eat the "taste bad" vegetables and they tell u eat greens and drink green juice but we steam the greens or throw it in juice and want to vomit......so we go back to square one.
Lots of ways to make greens palatable I`m finding....... for example do u know okra is delicious raw ? All of u who don`t like the slime ,I have been informed that the slime is supposed to form in our bodies not in the pot......so cut it up and put it in your salad ,its delicious, so crisp....u wouldn`t believe.
Most important thing now is reading labels.........I bought seasoning the other day and when i got home i had to throw it out it had MSG in it...I wouldn`t even give it away as I want no one eating that.....read read read.............and remember if u r eating raw u cannot eat food thats full of pesticides etc... buy organic or grow your own........chemicals is your enemy...I want no one telling me eating like that is expensive as the doctors cost much more than the food I can assure u.
The answer is to season your food, garlic, escellion,pepper.....Try herbs, the oregano and the parsley,basil etc.....thats what they do,add flavour, and each has its own set of properties that help your health....... throw away the sodas and the sugar filled fruit juices......vegetable juice can be flavoured with cane juice and apples..... white cabbage is not considered greens same with iceberg lettuce...... the darker the shade green the better it is for u.....Think kale.
There is a lot to be learned,do your research.
Green is not only the colour of money, its the colour of health ........ ENJOY......

No comments: