Tuesday, November 20, 2007

PRAYER

Have u noticed that the poorer the person the more religious they r........they live in church, and they do whatever the" parson "says...........I used to wonder when I was a child how come the people who worked around my house prayed non-stop and stayed poor......I used to ask my mother about it all the time as I was told God always answers prayers, and I didn’t see their’s being answered....Then I said maybe its because they r praying to Jesus instead of God......
As an adult I came to realize that they pray beseeching prayers….. God please give me a house, please give me food, make me well, make me rich, make my children do well and on and on...and lots of amens and alleluias........not to mention jumping up and down” in the spirit"
well once u pray begging ,the lord can’t help u, so u going to stay where u are.................
u must pray knowing ....and be prepared to do the work....most of us think its is going to come like manna from the skies, notice I didn’t say heaven as we always think God is coming from heaven up there somewhere. heaven and hell is right here, u make your own heaven and u make your own hell right here on earth, u don’t need to go anywhere to experience it.............
Then a lot of us pray but don’t listen so after talking to the father or mother, whatever God is to u...... and putting out your goals , u don’t listen to the advice as to how u going to arrive at your destination............
Prayers also is only done on your knees morning and evening in dead quiet and the bible has to be open or u r not praying...
well news to me...............
I pray anytime day or night and on my long trips I have lots of time to converse with the father ......the two most important things in praying r forgiveness and gratefulness.........we have to stay in gratitude so we cannot only pray morning and evening as so much happens to us all day we have to be saying thanks right through the day............If good happens u thank the father and if seemingly bad happens u still have to thank the father as there is a lesson to be learnt so u do not walk that way again.
I once went to church one Sunday and on leaving a lady was coming in the other direction and wanted to bore her way through the gate before allowing me to come through….The security called me through and as I passed she told me some of the biggest bad words known to man ….our windows were down so I looked at her and I went into shock as it was a lady that had sat across from me in service shouting the most amens and "praises be to God” right through the service. She obviously heard nothing that was preached as less than fifteen minutes later she was putting negatives out to the universe. I’m sure her week could not have gone well…..
we have to remember whatever we put out comes right back to us and now it comes by” concord"...not horse and buggy.......
clear your heart and your life will clear up...stop carrying people in your heart as while u r stewing up yourself they r off to the beach having the time of their lives....... If u don’t forgive u block your good u cannot move forward….
Love is the only way, know what u want, really know what u want, not what u think u should want….
Too many of us r heading in directions we think is the right direction but deep down in our gut we know is the wrong way….
ask the father to guide your path and tell u how to reach where u really want to go, as your way might have some twists and turns,God’s way has none.......and be quiet, listen, and when ur instinct tells u what to do, do it!
That’s God talking to u...........we always say if I only had followed my mind .that mind that is talking to u is God telling u what to do............enjoy your path remember ,life is a journey not a destination.............

2 comments:

stoveless1 said...

"PREACH IT, PASTOR PREACH IT", are the words heard on any given Sunday, coming from different sections of the congregation.

You have some people who claim to be such devout christians, yet still, every Sunday, you can see them leaving church early, so the don't have to give anyone a ride home.

No church naw gwaan again, it's all just, model, profile and go show your face on screen.

Status in the church, is now given to you by, your car, your clothes, your surname, and/or the size of your donation.

One Sunday in Kingston, I saw what one would call a "kodak-moment".....a homeless man sleeping outside a packed church, how ironic.

When church was over everyone filed out and made there way home, no one paid the man on the sidewalk any attention. The last to leave( after counting the last dollar, I guess) was the pastor and two others.

Upon leaving, the pastor stopped his car beside the man laying on the sidewalk, then 10 seconds after, proceeded to drive-off.

I couldn't understand why "the-man-of-God", did not help one of God's children in need.

Anyway, I went over to the man who was now sitting up-right & asked him, what did the pastor say to him, he said the pastor told him....."Ay sir, you can't stay here you know, your going to have to move and don't let me come back
her and see you"!!.

Puzzled, confused with confusion, I was for the moment, then it all became clear to me, I had figured it out!!!!........the man had no car, no surname, no clothes and definitely no money for the collection-box.....how dare he come within feet of the bleesed church!!. Had the man have everything on the list, then maybe you would be hearing his voice, on any given Sunday, fading to silent, saying....."PREACH IT, PASTOR PREACH IT".
*********************************
One more thing, why do christians eat so much meat!!......thought they were planning on going to heaven, isn't the lion going to lay beside the lamb, etc.,etc.,.

I am almost positive there is no butcher shop nor the killing of God's animals in heaven, hence......no meat eating in heaven, sorry folks, better you practice the vegetarian thing from here or when you reach heaven your gonna have to go "cold-turkey"...no pun intended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jane doe said...

yes - as "stoveless' commented - Preach It Girl!! your messages are not only inspiring but they seem to be spawning potential bloggers